Raceview, a partially developed residential suburb (2008), is four km south-east of central Ipswich.
It is thought that the name came about from an early racecourse (c1850) near Grange Road, Silkstone
, about one km north of Raceview.
The course lasted for about 25 years, when the local jockey club moved to the Bundamba
A primary school was opened in 1901 for families mostly involved in farming, quarries and the Aberdere Extended No1 Colliery (1909) on the eastern edge of Raceview near Bundamba Creek.
The mine ruins are visible from Owen Street.
On the other side of Raceview, near the Ipswich Cemetery, American armed forces in World War II established a war cemetery.
The remains were shipped home in 1947, and part of the vacant site became Manson Park in Cemetery Road.
Further afield and later in the postwar years, a drive-in theatre was opened in Cascade Street.
A kilometre east the Bethany Lutheran Church and primary school (1982) were opened, and the drive-in was replaced by a retirement village.
A shopping centre was opened in Raceview Street, north of Bethany Church.
Source: Queensland Places